Violation of potency is one of the most painful issues for a man. Reducing the quality of sexual relations affects all other areas of life, causing considerable stress. The tense rhythm of life, poor nutrition, bad habits – all this inevitably affects the health of a man and threatens the development of erectile dysfunction. Can this situation be avoided? what should every man know about this sensitive issue;
Step one: go to the doctor
The following diseases usually lead to a violation of potency:
- Metabolic syndrome is a condition in which the sensitivity of tissues to insulin is disturbed, the metabolism of fat, carbohydrates and proteins changes. It is accompanied by an increase in weight (waist volume of more than 94 cm, body mass index of 25), an increase in blood pressure and an increase in blood glucose and cholesterol levels.
- Essential hypertension-a persistent increase in blood pressure above 140 mm Hg. Art. It is accompanied by damage to the heart, kidneys, brain and peripheral vessels.
- Diabetes mellitus (including those resulting from obesity) is a condition in which the level of insulin decreases or the sensitivity of cells to it weakens, which leads to the development of hyperglycemia (increased blood sugar) and vascular complications.
Other problems that can lead to a violation of potency:
- sexually transmitted infections ·
- pathology of the urinary system
- prostatitis – inflammation of the prostate
- benign and malignant tumors of the prostate and related organs;
- diseases of the spine and other parts of the nervous system.
Step Two: reduce weight
Erectile dysfunction often occurs in obese men with metabolic syndrome. It is not surprising, because the excess fat tissue in the abdomen is where the increased synthesis of estrogen, the female sex hormone, occurs. At the same time, the production of testosterone is suppressed, which leads to a decrease in potency in men. Weight correction and maintenance of normal body weight prevents the development of erectile dysfunction and ensures an active sex life for many years.
Weight loss is facilitated by:
- Rational nutrition (consultation with a nutritionist will not hurt).
- Active lifestyle (sports, fitness, yoga, swimming, hiking).
- Taking medications that will help you lose weight (only as directed by your doctor).
If you can not get rid of the problem yourself, you need to consult a doctor to choose the optimal diet and develop an individual regimen of weight correction.
Step three: get rid of bad habits
Smoking and alcoholic beverages affect blood flow in the vessels. All internal organs suffer from nicotine and alcohol, and the genitourinary sphere is no exception. In turn, the abandonment of bad habits helps not only to prevent problems in sexual life, but also significantly reduces the risk of developing hypertension, atherosclerosis, myocardial infarction, stroke and other serious diseases.
Step four: eat right
Good nutrition is not just about losing weight. The following useful elements must be present in the diet of a man:
- Vitamin C (Ascorbic acid) – has antioxidant properties, protects blood vessels, strengthens the immune system. Source: fresh vegetables, fruits, berries, herbs.
- Vitamin E (tocopherol) – activates the sex glands, is a powerful antioxidant. Source: nuts, sea fish, oats and barley, spinach.
- Vitamin PP (nicotinic acid) – normalizes the pancreas, affects carbohydrate metabolism. Source: nuts, seafood, beef (liver), legumes.
- Selenium-normalizes the function of the prostate, has antioxidant properties. Source: nuts, legumes, seafood, cabbage.
- Zinc-activates the metabolism, affects the functioning of the prostate, improves the quality of sperm. Source: liver, cheese, nuts, legumes, lamb, pork, turkey.
- Omega-3 fatty acids-restores hormonal balance, activates metabolism, improves blood supply to tissues. Source: seafood, vegetable oil.
Step five: no stress
Intense work, emotional and physical overload, difficult relationships in the family and team – all this can lead to a stressful situation. After all, harmony in work and personal life largely determines the quality of sexual relations. What kind of potency can we talk about if the accumulated problems do not allow you to fall asleep, become a cause of constant nervousness and irritability; First of all, you need to remove the annoying factor, change your way of life – and only then return to the situation that worries every guy.