Some young and middle-aged men may have low testosterone levels. If it is not associated with a particular disease, then it is easy to restore normal levels of androgens. For this, special principles of nutrition (certain foods, vitamins and minerals), physical exertion (with weights and aimed at improving the work of the testicles), normalization of sleep and other important nuances are used. This article provides complete information about natural methods of increasing the hormone.
Naturally boost testosterone
Normalization of sleep
It is in the phase of deep sleep that most sex hormones are released, and if you do not constantly sleep, then all measures taken to increase testosterone will be reduced to zero. Healthy sleep for most people lasts about 7-8 hours, but the main criterion for the normal duration of sleep is good health and vigor during rising. Ideally, you should wake up without an alarm, feeling completely refreshed. Sleep should be in complete silence and darkness, and it is also important to provide other sleep conditions for maximum testosterone production.
Without adequate nutrition, you can completely forget about testosterone. Since the production of hormones is a complex process that involves the well-coordinated work of many organs and systems, to start it, you need to provide the body with the necessary substances. It can be compared with a fire: to light a large fire, you need a lot of firewood – without them there will be no fire. The same applies to the production of androgens.
We include in the diet
- Minerals. The main metal needed for the synthesis of testosterone is zinc. Therefore, first of all, you need to take care of its adequate intake with food or supplements. Zinc is found in seafood (oysters, squid, crabs), fish (anchovies, carp, Herring), nuts (walnuts, almonds, peanuts, peanuts), pumpkin and sunflower seeds. Other essential minerals that improve the performance of testosterone are calcium, selenium and magnesium.
- Vitamins. For good health, the body needs all the vitamins, but a special role in increasing testosterone levels is played by: vitamin C – an antioxidant that inhibits the production of cortisol. vitamin E-antioxidant, helps insulin cope with high sugar. vitamin D-helps the absorption of calcium, converts estrogen into its weaker forms. omega-3 and omega-6 – essential acids, are an integral part of the testosterone biosynthesis pathway. B vitamins-I participate in thousands of biochemical reactions, I increase the synthesis of sex hormones. These vitamins are found in citrus fruits, berries, fish oils, fruits, vegetables, nuts.
- Proteins, fats, carbohydrates are the basis of Human Nutrition and life, without which not a single biochemical process occurs, including the synthesis of testosterone. For example, fats are sources of cholesterol, which is the basis for the testosterone molecule. Therefore, men should definitely balance their diet, so that there is no shortage of these substances.
- Water. Depending on body weight, a person should drink about 1.5 liters of ordinary purified water per day. Increased water intake is necessary if you are actively engaged in sports. And remember, water is not-soda, it stores juices, sugary drinks and much more.
We exclude from the diet
However, not all foods work to normalize hormonal levels. Try to eliminate from your diet:
- Fast carbohydrates (baked goods, buns, white bread, chocolate, sweets).
- Fattening foods. These foods contain a lot of cholesterol and fat, forming excess weight.
- Cold and carbonated drinks. They contain a lot of sugar and are generally unhealthy.
Additional recommendations for increasing the hormone
- Do not overeat. There are two negative factors in overeating: 1. The body spends a large amount of energy on digesting food, while the production of sex hormones is inhibited. 2. Constant overeating provokes the deposition of excess fat, the consequences of which were described above. It is highly not recommended to overeat and eat at night, as the processes of digestion inhibit the production of hormones for a while (see fig. “Simple dietary rules for increasing testosterone”).
- Be sexually active. Moderate sexual intercourse increases the production of sex hormones. But do not overdo it in your sexual impulses, otherwise you will get the opposite effect. Simple communication with the fair sex also increases the level of the hormone.
- Avoid stressful situations and be in a good mood more often. Under pressure, cortisol is actively produced, which reduces the level of the male hormone. Good mood, on the contrary, improves the production of androgens.
- Monitor the level of competing testosterone hormones in the body – estrogens and cortisol, which are above normal in the body, reduce the production of male hormones. To protect against the activity of estrogens, it is necessary to consume several varieties of cabbage that help the liver to eliminate estrogens, as well as red grapes and natural wine based on it, which reduce the activity of the aromatase enzyme.
- Win. Victory strengthens the male hormone! Not for nothing, testosterone is called the winning hormone. Even the smallest and most insignificant victory increases testosterone levels for a while.
- Be in the sun. Vitamin D, which is produced by exposure to sunlight, increases testosterone levels (more on that here).
- Restrain yourself. Hardening procedures (for example, bathing with water), briefly increase the secretion of androgens and, in general, have a positive effect on health.