This condition often has multiple causes. Primary erectile dysfunction is organic in nature, often aggravated by psychogenic factors. The organic causes of the disease are as follows.
- Cardiovascular diseases that cause insufficient blood filling of the cavernous bodies of the penis. These can be vascular pathologies, atherosclerosis, diseases of the vessels of the pelvic cavity.
- Diseases of the nervous system (epilepsy, spinal injuries, multiple sclerosis).
- Diseases of the respiratory system that cause respiratory retention during sleep.
- Diseases of the liver.
- Diseases of the thyroid gland.
The causes of psychogenic erectile dysfunction are:
- Anxiety Disorders, accompanied by panic attack, fear, social malaise;
- post-traumatic mental disorder (arising from physical violence, death of a loved one, etc.).
Risk factors of erectile dysfunction are:
- The use of certain medications (antihypertensives, drugs for the treatment of ulcers);
- Pathologies chromosomal and hereditary disorders; Diabetes; cardiovascular Disease;
- Decreased physical activity;
- regular Consumption of alcoholic beverages;
- Harsh working conditions;
- reduced resistance to stress;
- the use of hormonal drugs;
- injuries of the spine, pelvic area.