How effective is Regaine?
Regaine Extra Strength works for 4 out of 5 men in the Prevention of hair loss and has been shown to grow hair in 3 out of 5 men. The results can be felt in just eight weeks. When Regaine is first started there may be a temporary increase in hair loss for the first 2-6 weeks. This is quite normal, and it’s good news – it shows that the hair moves from an inert phase to an active phase of growth.
How Regaine works
The local Regaine brings about the regeneration of hair by stimulating circulation in the scalp. Regaine should be applied regularly for at least three months to be effective. Regaine is safe for long-term use. If Regaine is stopped, the hair growth that took place during treatment will be lost.
With Regaine, hair becomes fuller and thicker, with 2 in 3 users showing hair reappearance in 8 months. In user surveys 80% reported slowing or stopping hair loss.
Side effects and cautions
- You may notice a temporary increase in hair loss in the first 2-6 weeks. This is completely normal.
- Regaine occasionally causes skin irritation which usually subsides when treatment is stopped.
- Very little of the active ingredient, minoxidil, is absorbed into the circulation and therefore no general side effects are expected. You should stop using Regaine and see a doctor if hypotension (low blood pressure) is detected or if you experience chest pain, rapid heartbeat, fainting or dizziness, sudden unexplained weight gain, swollen hands or feet or persistent redness.
- People with known heart disease should contact their regular doctor before using Regaine Extra Strength for men.
- Very occasionally Regaine can cause unwanted hair growth in areas where it is accidentally applied by mistake. Follow the instructions on use.